A recipe from Oink and Udder: Honey and garlic roast pork belly slices
4 pork belly slices
120ml soy sauce
1 TBSP honey
1 clove of garlic
2 oranges (juice only)
1 TBSP cider or white wine vinegar
1 TBSP dark brown sugar
• Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5 (200°C)
• Line a small roasting tin with greaseproof paper to make cleaning easier
• Place the belly slices in tin
• Score the fat on the belly slices to allow the fat to render out during cooking
• Place the belly slices in the oven and cook until golden and tender and the crackling is crispy.
• To make the sauce - place the soy sauce, honey, garlic, orange juice, vinegar and sugar in a pan and heat on a low heat until all the ingredients have combined. Continue to heat until thickened and glossy.
• Once the sauce has thickened, remove it from the heat and coat the belly slices well with the sauce.
• Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes until gnarly and brown.