Kent Hospitality Business of the Year 2021: Cafe Nucleus Rochester
What makes Cafe Nucleus special?
Here at Café Nucleus Rochester, we realise that one of the first things you’ll want to do when lockdown is over is to see family and friends, make up for lost time and laugh and drink with them in person.
Café Nucleus Rochester, is the most recent of our 3 sites in Chatham and Rochester. It is housed in one of the grandest buildings in the town, originally built for the Medway Conservancy Board in 1909 it offers a collection of very grand rooms, panelling, covings and high ceilings.
Rochester also offers a small garden which seats 50.
Rochester has two core products, our daytime menu which offers 106 dishes and ‘The boardroom from Cafe Nucleus Rochester’ which is our fine dining restaurant’ offering an experience similar to visiting London without the bother of the train.
It has allowed our chefs to experiment with the finest in season local and Kentish ingredients to deliver a menu which is distinctly different to what else is on offer in town. A pillar of the success of the evening offer is it’s exclusivity, with only 7 tables and service you would expect to find in top restaurant.
What makes us special
- Every single detail matters at Cafe Nucleus and that’s because a coffee is more than just a coffee, it’s an experience. Our garden cafes are the perfect place to sit back, relax and unwind nestled in three suprising locations in Chatham & Rochester.
- Our upmarket café restaurants serve Brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and fine dining, we have a dining option to suit whatever the time of day.
- The continental cafes are similar to cafes you find on the continent infusing a traditional mix of cafe fare with fine wines (predominantly produced in Kent)
- We have a unique approach through working with the entire supply chain, to ensure we have traceability on every single ingredient we use. In real terms this means we work with nearly 60 separate small suppliers. Working directly with the growers, farmers and producers allows Café Nucleus to source the very finest ingredients. Our menus showcase the provenance and allow our customers to understand the journey to plate. From Kentish milk to coffee roasted in Rochester, we have a truly Kentish approach.
- Two of our cafés feature around a Mediterranean courtyard gardens, boasting unique Al fresco dining options. Our Chatham café at 272 High Street has over 150 palm trees spread across two courtyards and two decks.
- A truly international approach with 18 languages spoken by our teams, which adds to both the experience and amplifies the 'Holiday feeling'
- Nothing is too much for our team, the cafés are perfect for lost time and celebrations with families and friends.
- Multi-award winning café restaurants have won a variety of awards from Trip advisor hall of fame from 2015-2020, three 'Good Food Awards' and two Taste of Kent Awards.